Comprehensive Speech Language Evaluations include:
- Obtaining a detailed case history
- Administration of standardized tests
- Informal testing and observation when necessary
- Analysis of test results to determine the areas of difficulty and severity
- Development of goals and individual treatment plan
- Comprehensive report of assessment results and analysis
- Therapy focuses on improving speech/language skills which were determined to be weak based on the assessment results.
- Treatment sessions are typically individual 1 hour sessions tailored to child’s needs.
- Treatment is generally provided in the child’s natural environment, however in-office services are available when appropriate.
members are encouraged to participate in treatment sessions. They are
an integral part of a successful treatment program, to help develop
goals and objectives, participate in and learn from treatment sessions,
as well as to facilitate language development in all environments.
- Consultation with educators and other professionals
- Records Review
- Attendance at IEP Team Meetings